Dominion City | Kids Ministry
1. What are your greatest hopes and dreams for the next couple of years for your church? Our church wants to expand our reach to 1,000 , run thriving satellite branches & impact the community on a grand scale
2. Does your church’s website state the mission, vision, values and key distinctives of your church? Yes
3. How many full-time pastors do you currently have? 2
4. Please describe the current staff structure. There are two full time pastors, a church administrator and several high capacity volunteers
5. What qualities does it take to “win” on staff at your church? 1. Being self-motivated 2. Manifesting the leadership ability to work through people 3. Striving for continuous growth and excellence 4. The discipline to execute assignments given 5.Taking initiative
6. Who will the resident report to? Will there be a different person acting as coach? The resident will report to Pastor Steve, the Senior Pastor and the resident’s coach will be Pastor Nneka, the pastor of the Norcross campus.
7. Are there particular assessment tools that you prefer when exploring potential staff people? DISC assessment
8. How long has senior leadership been serving in your church? 10 years
9. Are you affiliated with a particular denomination or tribes/association of churches? If so, what websites could one investigate to gain further understanding? Dominion City Church Worldwide – www.dominioncity.cc
10.What are the key doctrinal and theological issues where alignment is essential? Salvation by Jesus alone, the Holy Spirit- His manifestations and the validity of praying in tongues, Tithing, giving and financial integrity, Material and reverential honor of God’s servants, Giving God excellence, Being Compliant with spiritual, state and local authorities, Weekly church attendance, Confidentiality
11.What is your average weekend attendance? Norcross location: 350
12.In general, what is your church demographic? African, African American, and Caribbean 20-some-things and young families
13.Is there more than one site or venue? If so, please describe. Norcross is the parent campus with 2 satellites in Marietta and Decatur. There are also branches in Dallas, TX, Houston, TX and Queens, NY
14. How many conversions has your church had in the past 12 months? (however you define this and whatever you count) 180
15.What percentage of people are involved in a small group? 15%
16.What is your church known for in the community? Impactful teaching of God’s word, Radical evangelism and compassionate outreach
17. How much are you planning on financially compensating your resident? Is it set or is it flexible? $600-800/ month
21. What are the expected work hours and what does a typical workweek look like for this resident? Saturdays and Sundays are major work days. Mondays are for follow-up and planning. The rest of the week is flexible and includes a Sabbath day
22. What are three single-word-adjectives that describe what it’s like to work on your church staff? Adaptable, Fast, Motivated, Creative, Energized, Leader, Influential
23. What are your greatest hopes & goals for a future resident? To work with a group of volunteers to:
· Set a calm, engaging, safe and exciting atmosphere for children, pre-teens and possibly youth
· Build relationships and partnerships with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership
· Create systems that will make all children and youth ministries compliant and secure
· Create exciting, age-appropriate activities for Friday Night Ministries, Children’s Church, Special Events, Vacation Bible School.
· Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new children’s ministry volunteers.
· Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
· Find or provide curriculum that encourages spiritual growth, using gifts and soul-wining at the children’s levels
· Exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance,